Logan Center Resources:
Practices-Comparison aligns the practices within the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) science and engineering the practices within the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts (CCSS-ELA), Mathematics (CCSS-Math), and more.
OEL: PD that Makes a Difference is a paper that highlights the benefits of using lessons learned from cognitive science to guide and continuously improve instructional practice to positively impact student achievement.
Framework for STEM Education Partnerships – STEM professional organizations need guidance as they are increasingly called on to partner with K12 school systems. This Framework overviews core components necessary for effective partnerships.
A Case Study of the STEM Education Partnership Between ISB and SPS highlights one model for how STEM professional organizations can partner with K12 school systems.
Engaging STEM Professionals in K-12 Professional Development is drawn from lessons learned by ISB’s Logan Center in engaging STEM Professionals in support of teacher and administrator professional development. This manuscript provides strategies for successful collaboration with STEM Professionals, as well as four vignettes of exemplary collaboration.
- Ready, Set, SCIENCE!
- Uncovering Student Ideas — Formative Assessment Probes K12 Science – Page Keeley
- Stem Teaching Tools
- NGSS Classroom Implementation:
- Getting to Know the Next Generation of Science Standards – workshops
- How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School: Expanded Edition (2000)
- How People Learn II: Learners, Contexts, and Cultures (2018)
- Talk Science Primer
- The Six Core Principles of Improvement – Carnegie Foundation