We inspire teachers to inspire students
On an annual basis, Logan Center staff provide professional development for more than 1000 educators — teachers and administrators. This professional development is steeped in the research base for teaching and learning, contemporary science, engineering and mathematics, and, importantly, the context of a given school system.
Over several years the Logan Center has refined many professional development services that can be translated to schools and school districts; as well, the Logan Center staff have expertise in designing new, customized professional development experiences.
Existing professional development
Logan Center staff have designed professional development materials to address contemporary topics in science and engineering education. Current professional development offerings include:
- Introduction to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for teachers, administrators and/or families
- Implementation of NGSS (such as curriculum enhancement, science explanations, alignment to Math and English Language Arts)
- Exploring STEM integration
- Professional Development Facilitator training
- Engaging STEM professionals in K12 education
Customized professional development
Logan Center staff can work with schools and districts to design customized professional development. Example of customized professional development may include:
- “Initial use” of newly adopted instructional materials
- Development of NGSS formative and summative assessment
- NGSS Pedagogical content knowledge